OK, gang! Here's a lightning fast update, that I will augment this weekend.
I have made it to the island, and have experienced a bit of culture shock. I'll describe a lot of it later. Here's what you need right now:
1. I'm in residence at the school, Ross University. It's located just south of Portsmouth, Dominica. You can kind of find it on Google Maps. I'll try and fiddle with some photos and point out the locations of everything in a post this weekend.
2. I have all of my luggage. I count myself truly lucky so far, because people that arrived two days ago still have not received luggage. In fact, the island of Antigua is experiencing some kind of strike, and there are about 30-40 students that are stranded on Antigua. They can't even make it to the island right now! Damned unions!
3. Everything else will follow. The other students are nice, and the island is beautiful (sorry to tease without offering pictures). I have 107 more days until my exit flight, and they'll either pass too quickly or too slowly. You'll have to be the judges!
Again, I'll give a better (and much longer) update this weekend. Until then, take care!

No comments:
Post a Comment